If you wish to submit your resumé for a position not listed below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your preferred location.
Balzac’s welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Full or Part-time Baristas
Various café locations
DESCRIPTIONBalzac’s Coffee Roasters opened in 1996 and now features fourteen locations as well as a wholesale division. Our focus is simple – to serve an exceptional product in a beautiful environment. Each of our locations has been carefully selected for its historic significance and character. Rich in detail and vintage ephemera, Balzac’s Cafes are perfect venues to delve into a good book, catch up with an old friend, or just simply enjoy a delicious cup of coffee and a sweet treat. We are currently seeking a Barista with full-time availability (including evenings, weekends, and holidays). The position reports to the Café Manager. Previous Barista experience is preferred, but we are willing to train. A commitment and passion for customer service is critical.
- Customer Service
- Order Preparation
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong work ethic, keep the Café clean
- Maintain a positive work environment
- Maintaining of customer service and Café cleanliness standards
- Being an Ambassador for all company products and practices
- Barista experience preferred but not required
- Previous employment in customer service preferred
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Willingness to accept the most effective role
- Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Ability to work standing up for 8 hour shifts.
- Ability on occasion to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted and carry as required
- Ability to lift and turn throughout the shift
- Ability to twist, turn, reach and work above shoulder level.
- Full-time and part-time, day shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Various café locations, please indicate which café you are applying for.
Packaging & Production Team Member
Head Office, Ancaster
Packaging & Production Team Member
Do you want to be a part of a growing team dedicated to producing some of the best sustainable coffee around? Well then, we think you should join the Balzac’s Team!
Balzac’s Coffee Roasters was founded in 1996 and now features fourteen Café locations plus a thriving and growing wholesale division. At the heart of our operation is our packaging and production team who are responsible for ensuring all our cafes and wholesale customers receive their orders fresh and on time. It is a highly physical, fast-paced job - from packing small online orders, to loading, wrapping and shipping multiple skids of coffee to our wholesale partners. Our packaging and production staff are the best in the business. They are a big part of our current and future success!
Our Commitment to You:
- Competitive wages
- Paid training and orientation period
- Access to company benefits package and Employee Assistance Program
- A positive and safe work environment
- Career progression and skills development
- Annual safety shoe reimbursement
Your Commitment to Us:
- Precise attention to details
- Commitment to teamwork and cooperation
- Ability to lift 20 to 60 lbs and pass a Safe Lifting Test
- Positive, solution-oriented attitude
- A commitment to safe work practices
- Willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
About the Job:
- Adhere to all Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) requirements for safe food production.
- Follow assigned work orders for the accurate production of raw, work-in-progress and finished goods.
- Assist in receiving and stocking inventory; manual transfer of green coffee bags and other warehoused items.
- Mix various blends and maintain accuracy in mixing logs and coffee identification processes.
- Ensure the cleanliness and preventative maintenance of warehouse equipment.
- Maintain organized, labelled, clean, and well-maintained work areas.
- Assist Delivery Drivers with loading and unloading the delivery vehicles and accompanying Delivery Drivers as a delivery assistant when required.
- Full-time, 3pm to 11pm evening shift, Monday to Friday.
- Occasional weekend work depending on business levels.
- 675 Tradewind Drive, Unit 4, Ancaster ON, L9G 4V5 (Four Positions Available)
Balzac’s is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Balzac’s will provide reasonable accommodation in compliance with AODA when notified by a candidate that accommodation due to a disability is required for the interview process. Apply with Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com