If you wish to submit your resumé for a position not listed below, please email email@example.com. Be sure to include your preferred location.
Balzac’s welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for supporting the Manager of Finance with the organization of the accounting department and payroll, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of monthly reconciliations and financial reports.
This role is for someone who is a self-started, solution-oriented and accountable to meet deadlines with quality and accuracy, as well as has a drive for continuous learning and continuous improvement.
- Revenue & AP reconciliations and review on a weekly basis
- Bank & Credit Card reconciliations on a weekly basis
- Sales tax reconciliation and remittances
- Month-end reconciliations and schedules
- Month-end adjusting entries
- Month-end Financial Reporting package
- Facilitating annual audit and income tax return
- Bi-weekly payroll processing (150+employees), payroll JE and reconciliations
- ROE, T4 and T2200 reconciliations and processing
- Ad hoc responsibilities and projects as assigned
- Advanced Excel a must (vlookup, sumif, pivot tables and more)
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Experience with Payworks a plus
- Working towards CPA designation
- University or college degree in Accounting or similar
- 3+ years of experience in accounting, month-end and payroll
- Excellent communication verbal and written skills
- Practical knowledge of Canadian GAAP and ASPE
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Head Office, 675 Tradewind Drive, Unit 4, Ancaster, ON
Full or Part-time Baristas
Various café locations
DESCRIPTIONBalzac’s Coffee Roasters opened in 1996 and now features fourteen locations as well as a wholesale division. Our focus is simple – to serve an exceptional product in a beautiful environment. Each of our locations has been carefully selected for its historic significance and character. Rich in detail and vintage ephemera, Balzac’s Cafes are perfect venues to delve into a good book, catch up with an old friend, or just simply enjoy a delicious cup of coffee and a sweet treat. We are currently seeking a Barista with full-time availability (including evenings, weekends, and holidays). The position reports to the Café Manager. Previous Barista experience is preferred, but we are willing to train. A commitment and passion for customer service is critical.
- Customer Service
- Order Preparation
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong work ethic, keep the Café clean
- Maintain a positive work environment
- Maintaining of customer service and Café cleanliness standards
- Being an Ambassador for all company products and practices
- Barista experience preferred but not required
- Previous employment in customer service preferred
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Willingness to accept the most effective role
- Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Ability to work standing up for 8 hour shifts.
- Ability on occasion to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted and carry as required
- Ability to lift and turn throughout the shift
- Ability to twist, turn, reach and work above shoulder level.
- Full-time and part-time, day shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Various café locations, please indicate which café you are applying for.